The equestrian sport is all about riding horses in different ways. It can take many shapes or forms – including jumping, dressage, vaulting, horseball, western and many more! Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, team player or perfectionist, you can master the discipline that attracts you most and let it become a priceless part of your life. Everyday, you have the opportunity to be one with the horse. But what does it actually do to us? How does horse riding makes us feel? Why is it that when we get into it, we’re hooked for life?
How does riding horses make us feel?
- One with nature.
- Like we’re flying.
- Like we belong.
What does riding horses give us?
- An escape from the real world.
- Adrenaline rushes – when there’s a bit more speed going on!
- Goosebumps – when in perfect harmony with the horse.
- Exercise in the fresh air – the healthiest way!
- Healing – through the bond, the exercise and being close to nature.
What does riding horses teach us?
- Responsibility – for the care of another life.
- Patience – to improve the communication between you and your horse.
- Resilience – to overcome challenges.
- Partnership – working together you can achieve anything.
- Leadership – the rider showing the way and confidently affirming everything is ok.
This list was inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest.
What else would you add to the lists? Comment below with your thoughts!
If you liked it, please share it 🙂